Check now the possible ways in the Ligue 1. With only 90 minutes left in the season, Lille, Paris Saint-Germain, and Monaco can all win the 2020/21 Ligue 1 Uber Eats title, Lyon will try to finish in the top three and qualify for next season’s UEFA Champions League, and Marseille, Lens, and Rennes will fight for the remaining European spots — ligue1 breaks down the permutations for the thrilling season finale at the Stade de France.
Lille (80 points, +40 goal difference) and PSG (79, +56) are now separated by a single point ahead of the last day of the L1 season, with Monaco (77, +34) in third, three points behind the leaders.
Lyon (76, +39) can’t win the league because they’re four points behind Lille, but they’re three points behind PSG. So they might still finish second and qualify for the Champions League group stage in 2021/22. However, they are more likely to overtake Monaco, who are only a point ahead of them.
Marseille (59, +7) are certain to finish fifth and join the team that finishes fourth in the UEFA Europa League next season, although sixth-placed Lens (56 points, +1) might still catch them. Lens will qualify for the UEFA Europa Conference League if they finish sixth, but Rennes (55 points, +10) could yet catch them.
LILLE WILL WIN THE CUP IF:
- The triumph in Angers.
- They held to a tie in Angers, and PSG defeated in Brest.
- They lose at Angers, PSG loses at Brest, and Monaco either does not win at Lens or wins at Lens but does not make up their goal difference deficit.
N.B. Because Lille has a better head-to-head record versus Monaco this season (1W 1D). Monaco’s goal difference must be better than Lille’s. Lille’s head-to-head record would give them the title if they could just match it.
PSG WILL WIN THE LEAGUE IF:
- They win in Brest, but Lille loses at Angers.
- They draw in Brest, Lille loses in Angers, and Monaco either loses in Lens or wins but not enough to make up their goal difference deficit (-22).
N.B. Monaco won both league games against PSG this season. Meaning the principality club’s head-to-head record would earn them the title if they equaled PSG’s goal difference.
MONACO WILL RECEIVE THE CHAMPIONSHIP IF:
- Lille loses against Angers, PSG loses at Brest, and Monaco wins at Lens to close the gap on Lille on goal differential (see above).
LYON WILL COMPLETE IN THE TOP THREE IF:
- They beat Nice at home, but Monaco loses at Lens.
- They draw with Nice and lose to Monaco, putting O.L. in third place on goal difference.
MARSEILLE WILL FINISH IN FIFTH PLACE IF:
- At Metz, they either win or draw.
- Marseille loses, but Lens falls short of defeating Monaco. Lens will also have to make up for their goal difference deficit (-6) if they win. The Lens would finish ahead of Marseille with a victory and a draw versus O.M. this season if they tied on goal difference due to their better head-to-head record.
FINISH AT LEAST THE SIXTH LENS IF:
- They match or better Rennes’ performance against Nîmes at home.
RENNES WILL PLACE SIXTH IF:
- They outperformed Lens in their home game against Monaco.
Check now the possible ways in the Ligue 1.